Eating healthy when you are short on time can sometimes be challenging but this Best English Muffin Pepperoni Pizza healthy English Muffin Pizza recipe will take care of that issue. This little English muffin pizza is great for a quick meal or for a snack, kids, birthdays or parties.
Yield: Makes 8 English muffin Breakfast Pizza
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
English Muffin Pizza Recipe
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves, divided
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil leaves, divided
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (14-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 stick pepperoni, preferably natural casing, cut into 32 slices
- 4 English muffin, split in half
- 4 ounces grated Mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and preheat oven to 500°F. Heat oil and butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat until butter is melted. For healthy English muffin pizza, add garlic, 1 tablespoon parsley, 1 tablespoon basil, pepper flakes, and oregano and cook, stirring frequently until aromatic, about 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and sugar. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly thickened, about 15 minutes total. Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir in another tablespoon of parsley and a tablespoon of basil.
- English Muffin Pizza recipe is easy but takes care while the sauce is cooking, heat half of pepperoni slices in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until cupped and crisp around edges, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a large plate, leaving rendered fat in the pan.
- Add four Thomas English muffin pizza halves cut-side-down to skillet and swirl to pick up all fat. Cook until well-toasted, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a foil-lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining pepperoni and English muffin halves.
Best English Muffin Pepperoni Pizza
- Coat each Thomas English muffin pizza half with sauce. Spread half an ounce of mozzarella on each English muffin, followed by 1/4 ounce of Parmesan cheese. Place 4 pepperoni slices on top of each pizza and top with a little bit more grated Parmesan Best English Muffin Pepperoni Pizza.
- Bake until Best English Muffin Pepperoni Pizza is crisp underneath and cheese is melted and just starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Top with extra Parmesan cheese immediately after removing from oven.
Your English muffin breakfast pizza is ready to eat – Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with remaining parsley and basil, and serve.